Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a safe, durable replacement for adults who have had teeth decay or removed. By using the latest technology in the dental industry, your dental implants will function and appear just as your natural teeth would. Your dental implants may be paired with replacement crowns for full tooth replacement and may also be used to anchor dentures. Each patient’s situation is unique which is why we will recommend your teeth replacement plan based on your individual oral health needs.
Before our doctors go over procedures for dental implants, there are a few factors we consider first to see if you are eligible for dental implants:
- Adequate bone support to anchor the implant
- Healthy gum tissue
- Sinus and nerve location
- Overall health, including any chronic illnesses
Below is a list of some of the more common benefits of dental implants. For a more detailed list, talk to your doctor about dental implants and the benefits they can have for you and your smile.
- A More Natural-looking Smile: Dental implants are crafted to closely resemble your natural teeth, restoring a more natural-looking smile.
- Improved Oral Health: Since there is no need to alter surrounding teeth to anchor implants, more of your natural teeth are preserved intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Improved Function: Dental implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat without pain.
- Protects Healthy Bone Structure: Empty spaces caused by tooth loss can lead to deterioration of the jawbone. Since dental implants function like tooth roots, they can prevent this type of deterioration, just as your natural teeth do.
- A Long-term Solution: Dental implants, when cared for properly, can last a lifetime, making the investment now worth it for your future.
In some cases, we may recommend advanced treatment for your upper or lower jaw so you can have the bone support needed for implantation. As always, your treatment plan is created based on your specific needs for a healthier, happier smile.
Be sure to let our doctors know of any medications you are taking during your initial consultation. Your health and safety are our number one goal throughout the entire dental implant process. If you ever have any questions or concerns, be sure to discuss these with your doctor before going through with your procedure.
Dental Implant FAQs
How do I care for my dental implants?
Your dental implants can be cared for just as you care for your natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing are important to prevent the buildup of plaque as well as your regularly-scheduled dental cleanings and exams throughout the year.
Is it painful to receive a dental implant?
With the advances of modern technology, most patients report feeling very little discomfort, both during and after the treatment. Our team is trained and certified to offer sedation with oral surgery, which provides a more relaxed, comfortable experience during your dental implant procedure.
How long will my implants last?
With proper care, your implants can last the rest of your life, just like your natural teeth. Keeping them clean and cared for is key to stronger, healthier teeth and dental implants.
To see if dental implants are the right fit for you, contact one of our offices today for a consultation with one of our experienced doctors and begin the process of making your smile healthier and happier.